Anna, a strong & independent woman, leaves her partner & high paid government job behind to set up an underground Organization that exposes corruption and injustice which is spreading like a virus around the world.
Her IT/hacking skills come in very handy when she discovers international sex slavery networks that run deep into the government & corporate structures.
Her investigation leads her to Eastern Europe where one vital contact set her on track to discover horrific truths behind human trafficking.
To keep up on top of things Anna recruits Pawel, a talented researcher who unwittingly gets entangled into the unstoppable current of events.
Together they help unravel the secrets behind a major trafficking ring and shed public light onto the horrors of sex slavery.
Film Length - 80 min.
Language - English
Shooting days - 9
Crew & Cast - US/UK/Poland/RSA/Germany
Location - Poland - Wroclaw
What I’m intending to do with the movie?
Once “Anna and Modern Day Slavery” is made, I’m planning to enter the movie into various film festivals. Of course, to make my job and effort more fruitful, I’ll hire a publicist to help me choose the right festivals for the movie.
When we finish the festival circuits I’m going to make the movie available for everyone to watch online for FREE.
Yes, you heard it right. For FREE.
Of course for some period, two to four weeks, the movie will only be available exclusively for the supporters of the movie. But after that time passes, everyone will be able to watch it. The more people the better because...
... while making “Anna and Modern Day Slavery” my goal is not to make enormous amounts of money from it. I’m making this movie because I want people to wake up and see how cruel our advanced society are.
After watching the movie the audience will have a chance to make a donation towards making another Anna movie, (this time about illegal organ selling) & towards charities helping the victims of human trafficking. The charities will receive 55% of the total donations.
The chairty we are working with is C.R.E.E.R registered in France and works in West Africa http://www.facebook.com/groups/c.r.e.e.r.rci/33...
Where your money goes?
You are probably wondering where does your money go.
All the money contributed towards making “Anna & Modern Day Slavery” will go directly towards making the movie.
This is how we/the production team will distribute the money.
Pre-production (the stage we are at right now)
Everyone is working for free so no money is spend.
Production (actual filming of “Anna & Modern Day Slavery”)
- Cast & crew accommodation
- Cast & crew travel expenses (A lot of people who are coming over pay for their airfare tickets themselves. However not everyone can afford that. So all the European flights we will cover.)
- Food on the set
- Transportation during shooting.
- Make up & costumes
- Props & production design costs
- Small wages for cast & crew
Post-production (once the film is made)
- Film editing
- Colour correction of the movie
- Sound editing
- Music editing
- Score recording
- Publicist to guide us towards best film festivals for “Anna...”
- Film Festival submission fees.
- Film festival submission materials.
If you have any more questions regarding the financing of the movie feel free to get in touch.
1. The United Nations estimates that 700,000 to 4 million women and children are trafficked around the world for purposes of forced prostitution, labor and other forms of exploitation every year. Trafficking is estimated to be a $7 billion dollar annual business.
2. An estimated 27 million people are held in slavery worldwide, meaning there are more slaves in the world than were taken from Africa during 300 years of the trans-Atlantic slave trade.
3. The average price of individual slaves is less than a new cell phone or about $90
Other campaigns we support http://www.indiegogo.com/bornfree
Team on This Campaign:
Magda M. Olchawska
An award winning Director,Writer & Producer
Producer: Visual & Marketing & Promotion
Jan Broberg Carter
Awards Winning Music Scorer, Music Producer & Executive Producer
Janet van Eeden Harrison
Award Winning Scriptwriter: Producer & Script advisor
Production Designer/Art Director
Production Designer Assistant
Award Winning DP
Anna (the main character)
Francesca De Luca
Sonia (Anna's ex-girlfriend)